Important Information Regarding COVID-19
To our Med City Dental Family,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control process are made so that when you receive care that’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendation.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and team. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office and temperature taken. All staff will also be asked the same screening questions and temperature recorded daily.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth because these items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. Our first appointments of the day will be prioritized to our more at risk patients (over 60, immunocompromised, and pregnant).
- We will continue to do our best to reduce waiting times and patients in the waiting area. If possible, please minimize the number of people accompanying you to your appointment.
- We ask that if you have a mask or facial covering that you wear it to your appointment.
- We will continue to maintain high standards of disinfecting and sanitizing treatment rooms while increasing disinfection of our reception area and front desk.
Thank you for your loyalty and trusting us with your dental health. We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
We plan to resume preventive and non-emergent care starting May 18, 2020. Please call to schedule at 507-289-8707!
Dr. Scott A. Funke and the Med City Dental Team